Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Secret #14 "Lookout" Point

I love going to "lookout" points. When I've had a bad day, and I just need to relax and enjoy life, I love to drive up to Squaw Peak and enjoy the scenery. I roll down the windows and feel the wind rush on my face as I drive the long winding road to the summit. Of course for me I am alone and actually enjoying scenery, unlike most people who go there; they're looking at a whole different kind of "scenery". Currently, Squaw Peak is closed because of snow, but I discovered a nice lookout point just two blocks from my apartment (photo above, and yes it is photoshopped, see Secret 6). So now, when I have writers block, or life has gotten me down, I just take my knife (just in case there's deer or wild dogs) and go walk quietly to the look-out. The walking really lets me get my creative juices flowing (no pun intended). I talk out-loud too to organize my thoughts and figure out my problems. It's very therapeutic. Every time I go I receive a cool calming peace...Oh, I also enjoy noticing all of the "makey-outers."

1 comment:

Jinjer said...

That's awesome. Nature always does seem to do something nice for your mind and spirit. I am really liking hearing all of your secrets. Keep 'em coming!