Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chaos and Compassion

So I'm in a class called Themes in Literature: Chaos and Compassion and I thought I'd share some thoughts on the subject.

I’ve been thinking a lot about the chasm where chaos and compassion meet; the mixing ground for the two opposing slopes. I feel like that is where change, growth, life happens. They’re linked, chaos and compassion. The chaos will either cause destruction or construction to us. And the compassion is what helps us to get through it, grow from it, and find joy in it. It’s when we are stagnant that we’re not embracing both sides of the spectrum, and that we aren’t really living.


This is what life is. This is how we deal, by allowing both forces into our lives. Otherwise we’re boring people. We’re not living, we’re just being. I think we are not meant to sit still, we are rising and falling and that is life. It’s taken me a while to relearn this and my chaos is not as great as others but I’m learning to embrace it and hold on for the ride.

No comments: